Sunday 7 December 2014

woohoo.............

Things sure were feeling soooooooo low last post...............It was the day with the most rain forecast and we got nothing.............I really thought we were done.............
I thank you sooooooooooooooo much for the beautiful comments you left..........I think all your good wishes and hopes finally worked some magic............
The change of my feelings came from a few things...............
I sold the steers for better money then I was hoping......
No massive prices that they keep talking about once this drought breaks but certainly better then the last lot I sold.........and better then I thought the market may have been................
even the poddies sold ok...........

Better still my Secret Santa Christmas Swap parcel turned up..............and tucked inside my SSCS parcel I was allowed to open straight way
now this angel is no ordinary angel.............
it's all the way from Germany and she does have special powers.............
 "This you may open now. It's blue and supposed to bring rain. Hope you enjoy the water"
OMG she sure did bring the rain..............
she is forever going to be such a special angel...............

We'd had a few showers thiru the week..............nothing to really do anything much...............
BUT OMG the clouds just burst open and dumped 29mls on us.........
it was so heavy at times.................

there was water running around the house everywhere............

it's been so long since water ran around like this..............

So yesterday I was distracted with muddy paddocks...............I got my new gumboots out that I was feeling I would throw out perished with no use.............
and off  I went on the bike........boy wonder on another bike.........

My house dam got a nice top up..............

Further up the paddock revealed not so much rain.............but still wet..............
we still have some dams that have nothing much in them...............only what runs in from the edges.............

I found Curly Pop and had a great cuddle with her...........

I found this little black bundle who belongs to another Mum........I gave it a pat and checked it's a little girl before she hopped up and ran away to Mum...........
Look at that green shooting.............

I found this gorgeous flower..........I don't find them too often but I know where a few of the trees are and I keep an eye out.......this was a new one to me that I had not seen before.............they aren't something I will pick and they are covered in ants when flowering but stunning.........I have to stand up on the 4 wheeler to see them well.............

the ants were super busy building up their nests.........

I found this lovely plant flowering in the garden..............

I really was splattered with mud..............I didn't care one bit.........I was a complete muddy mess and straight into the shower......I'd had heaps of fun............

Another storm brewing...........we got the edge of this one...........not heaps but a another shower.........keeping things wet............
It all came a couple of days late for the steers but when it is just storms you are either under it or your not........very heart breaking when your desperate and not getting it......
thank goodness my blue angel arrived and brought me some rain.........and thank you my friends for your support......
I won't be feeding cows and sheep for christmas this year..........yippee..........
lets see if we get another storm this arvo......little storm cells are popping up everywhere again......
&&&&&
Now if someone could work some magic on my house phone that has been playing up for nearly 3 weeks now and Telstra are still yet to FIX it............2 techies have tried.........
Catch you later
Chookyblue

54 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Chooky what awesome news my friend,i am so pleased for you and what a beautiful special angel from Sylia it sure did work,thats amazing,enjoy the mud chooky and have heaps of fun.xx

Yvonne W said...

What wonderful pictures of rain and mud!! Sylvia has worked magic with her blue doll. I do hope more rain comes your way. Go out there with your gum boots on and jump in the puddles ( like I told my kids Not to do!)

Michelle said...

It is nice to hear hope and joy of rain in this post. My heart aches for you when I read posts of selling stock because of the droughts! When we leased a farm in Te Kuiti we where hit with 2 droughts in a row and nearly sent us broke!! So I understand-but not really if that makes sense. It broke our hearts to see the condition of our stock and we couldn't get rid of them and just had to farm them through! Think of you chooky-enjoy the rain!!
Michelle

Unknown said...

Fabulous news Chooky! Heres to many more days of angel magic. Sharyn:)

Brenda said...

Joyous news indeed.

Jan said...

Fantastic news and great pics, Chooky. I'm so glad things are looking up, fingers crossed that there are more good things to come.

simplestitches said...

wonderful photos...and so glad you have had some of the wet stuff....hope you get some more!
cute angel worked her magic

Nemo said...

So glad you finally had some decent rain! Here's to plenty more!

Joolz said...

So glad you got some good rains and I do hope you get more steady falls. Lovely to hear you sounding happy. Love those wellies!

Cheryll said...

That's awesome !!!
Fingers crossed the blue angel works more magic this week. :)

Narelle said...

Woohoo! Mud glorious mud :0)

Kate said...

Yay, hope you get some more soon!!

Maria said...

Oh that's fabulous! Just love the Special Blue Angel.....

You live in a harsh part of our beautiful counrty but it's amazing how after a little rain you get blooms in the bush..

Raewyn said...

Wonderful news Chooky, the blue angel will hold a special place in your heart forever I think :-) Are you sure you didn't roll in the mud? I would have!!!

Sharm said...

Looks like the blue angel is a definite keeper :) Sooo pleased to see all that water running and soaking into the ground. That white flower is a stunner! Hope you get a few more showers this week!

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Oh Chooky
That is wonderful. This post made my cry with relief for you. it is like that for our local farmers too.

Christine M said...

That is certainly a very special angel.

gracie said...

Such a happy post today...happy you finally are getting the rain...

Oops-Lah said...

Happy to read your great news. I know what the weather can do to farmers as I'm an "almost" farm girl myself, or I should say my mum grew up on a farm which my cousins now farm. It really can be heart breaking. But I do think the government is quite good in Switzerland in helping out when things don't go as they should and I think there's awareness on how important a healthy farm industry is.

Anita said...

I am sitting here, listening to storm #2 of the day bucket down around me , including some hail, and was thinking " I wonder if Chooky is getting any of these storms! So glad the little angel came when it did for you!!

Lisa V said...

Great news about the rain, hope there is more on the way for you.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a very special Blue Angel for you Chooky.....woohoo! Such a very happy post.....and what a good Christmas not having to feed...yay, way to go!

kiwikid said...

So happy to hear you have had rain!! Enjoy the mud! I like your gumboots...very flash!! The flowers are lovely too the first one is an unusual shape...must have lots of honey for the ants to be in there? Hoping you get lots more rain now the blue angel is at your house!!

Unknown said...

So Pleased to read you've had a decent drop for now, hope you get topped up..Loved your Boots..
Glad your Moral has been lifted.
Take Care

Cherry Pie Designs said...

So pleased for your good fortune...keep your chin up.

jfoster8 said...

So good to hear you got good rain....love your wellies..

creations.1 said...

Thank God!!! FINALLY you got some rain!!!! Hopefully your little blue angel can help with some follow up!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Am angel for an angel it has to work ....fantastic xx

Julia said...

So happy you got that much needed rain...hope you get some more to top it up.
Love the Wellies and the Blue Angel arrived just at the right time.
Julia

Annie said...

What a beautiful "Water Angel" and so good for you to get that rain. Hope you get some more.

Dasha said...

That is great news Chooky. Hang that lucky little angel up. She sure looked after you.

Salley said...

That angel did what we were all hoping we could do...mend your heart.
Woo hoo Chooky...get those toes wet!

Susan said...

A big thank you to Sylvia from all of us. I think I can see the grass growing this weekend.

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Preciosas fotos!!!

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful sight Chooky. So glad you finally got some decent rain. What a beautiful rain angel

KERYN B said...

It really must be Christmas time. Just thrilled for you let's hope for lot's more..

Pinnylea Creations said...

So, so pleased for you Chooky; that is definitely a lucky angel - love the wellies xxx

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wow Chookyblue, now that I have seen the pictures, it really did rain a decent amount. Now I have happy tears in my eyes, my hopes came true. I have this saying on my fridgerator door which takes about praying for rain and being prepared for mud. Seldomly someone has welcomed the mud as much as you have,Chooky. You deserved it so much, and I was concentrating on rain so much, when I sewed the Angel. I got the love for Angels from my Great Grandmother, who was an Angel herself, and I had the gift to live with my Angel for 25 years. I still miss her a lot. More rain for you.
Love,
Sylvia

Jewells said...

So happy to hear you got the rain too... it seems to come over every evening at the moment...electrical storms too... in 3 days we lost 2 cordless phones & the hot water blew up, thru lightning strikes.. but who cares, when we get the rain!

Susan said...

What a wonderful blue angel - I do hope she keeps performing for you!

FloS said...

This is a wonderful angel indeed !!!
I'm happy for you !
Florence

Fiona said...

Great news Chooky.
Perhaps that little angel needs to start heading north!

Quiltmoose - Dagmar said...

Wonderful news, Chooky! I've been thinking of you often and now I am relieved you got at least some rain! Must be a magic angel Sylvia sent you! Best wishes for more rain!
Dagmar

linny said...

What a wonderful little angel, hopefully she'll bring much more rain for you.

catsatararat said...

SOOOO happy for you. It is dry down here too but nothing like where you are.

Isn't it miraculous how the green appears within just hours? I love watching the changes.

Enjoy your mud! May it be renewed regularly for many months to come.

Fiona said...

a bit of mud is a wonderful thing...
Hugz

pearlycow said...

Capparis mitchellii or wild Orange is the name for the flowering tree. We have quite a few on our place and along the roads to town, they are more visible when they are in flower, and it is a neat little tree. When I googled for the botanical name there are quite a few interesting facts, including that the young buds can be pickled like capers! Pleased to see you were under some of the downpours, there certainly have been some very impressive storms through the area these last few days. bye A

cityquilter grace said...

wonderful news...have to believe it came at the right time....enjoy every drop...we have rain but alas it is frozen....aka snow!

Michelle Ridgway said...

I could feel your joy and I wanted to jump in the puddles with you.... Yay! Hope you get more! Speak kindly to that sweet little Angel. Lovely needlecase and EPP in recent post too.
Big muddy hugs xx

Janice said...

Happy Dance!!!! It is so good to see those new gumboots getting a workout and mud everywhere. I can't believe how quickly things are greening up and the plants flowering. Rain is such a miracle worker. It must be such a good feeling knowing that your remaining stock will have a much better chance now and great news that the ones you sold got a decent price - for a change. You had better look after that blue angel.

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Great news all round xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Chooky, what awesome, I am so pleased for you... and what a lovely special angel from Sylvia!! It sure did work....
Hugs
Deborah

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Im a bit slow at getting your great news… But Thats FANTASTIC!!… I know exactly how you feel!!… we got 38mil last weekend!! Big smiles all round. (look after that angel ..:) ) Xx Lea

loulee said...

Brought tears to my eyes, to read this post Chooky. (The good kind) So glad you finally got some rain. The Blue angel certainly did her work.