Saturday 27 December 2014

SSCS received................

Slowly I am getting around SSCS posts of your gifts..................I will get to everyone as they get posts up...............
I was spoilt by Sylvia @ Flickenstichlerei in Germany............yes she was a wonderful Santa for this years 8th annual Secret Santa Christmas Swap...........this is the first year Sylvia has been in the swap and she made a wonderful gift...............
not sure of the size but it is quite large.................I took it out to the lawn for a photo as better light............but since then I have placed it on top of my blanket box/coffee table..........it looks fantastic...........Sylvia hand quilted it and did beautiful tiny stitches in the stitcheries..........
You can see the blue angel who brought me rain here...........she also brought some more rain this week and a bit on Christmas Day so she is very cherished...........it's been a good follow up to the rain we had earlier in the month as at the start of the week it was all starting go blue and die.........now it is growing madly..............
And Sylvia made me a little needle book with similar stitching and colours as the runner which I shared here.....................
Sylvia wrote me a big letter......it was just beautiful and I had tears (good tears) in my eyes while reading it.............
Thankyou Sylvia for making Christmas so special.........
%%%
I hope you felt as special as I did with my gift from overseas especially made for you.......
I am so pleased I ran the swap again this year........you need to thank Janice as I was at her place and talking with her when I decided that I would go ahead with the swap........we decided we would both miss it too much making and receiving a gift for/from someone on the other side of the world........
Catch you later
Chookyblue

27 comments:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely gift

Flickenstichlerin said...

Chookyblue,
what a coinsident, I just posted the tablerunner as well, glad you enjoyed the gift and thank you so much for arranging the SSCS. I received my gift from Fiona, a very special and talented women. Had a great time, thank you all. And I will make sure to stop by Janice blog.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Susan said...

Huge thanks to both you and Janice, the SSCS is one of the highlights of Christmas, not just for the gifts but the international connections it makes. Your gift from Sylvia is beautiful......I can't imagine the pressure of being your swap partner!

Jan said...

What a lovely gift from Sylvia. I look forward to this swap each year, it's a highlight for me and everyone taking part and such a nice way to connect with stitching friends far and near. Thank you so much, Chooky, for agreeing to organise it again and to Janice for egging you on.

Diane-crewe said...

WOW! that's wonderful .. thanks again for organising this swap x VERY happy with my parcel x

FloS said...

This is a wonderful gift indeed !! I love this pattern of Gail Pan !
I hope you a great Christmas ! Thank you again for organizing SSCS !
Florence

Susan said...

That is certainly a gorgeous table runner...but I'm especially pleased to hear you have rain...watching the weather tonight showed that you should be getting some.

Anonymous said...

wow chooky it sure is pretty,love it,thankyou for doing this swap again,and i am so glad you have been getting rain,enjoy your evening my friend.xx

Simone Harding said...

Love the gift and that green grass.

Ondrea said...

Wow! It is so good to see that Gail Pan is popular in Germany. That runner is so lovely. Pleased to hear you have had some rain.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lovely Table Runner Chooky! Thank you once again for running this special swap....always fun to be in it!!!! Popping over to Janice now!

How good is that rain.....fantastic news!

Maria said...

Such a beautiful gift Sylvia stitched for you. How thoughtful of Sylvia to have written you a lovely letter. I am delighted you had a nice Christmas day.
Thank you for running the swap as it is fun to participate in.
Hope you get some more rain soon.

gracie said...

Thank you dear Chooky for all the work you put into these exchanges. I am so thrilled to be a part of it each year. I just posted to my blog and sent a thank you to dear Wendy for her lovely gifts to me.

Raewyn said...

Sylvia's gifts are beautiful! Thank you so much for running the swaps - they really are a special thing to participate in - it is so nice to spread love around the world :-)
So pleased there's been more rain!
Happy New Year!!

Deb said...

Beautiful gifts Chooky.

loulee said...

Wow, what beautiful gifts. You sure were spoiled, but you deserve it.

Michell said...

Wow that is gorgeous. Thank you again for running the swap

Christine M said...

Sylvia made you such a beautiful table runner, Chooky.

Janice said...

Doesn't Sylvia do beautiful work. She really did spoil you. Hang onto that blue angel. She is really doing the job. Thanks for going ahead and getting us all organised again this year. It really is a special part of Christmas.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is so beautiful Chooky.....xx

Tracy said...

The rain has been fantastic.
Great gifts.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your gift is beautiful Chooky and I am very glad your special little Angel is still working her magic xx

Wendy said...

Just beautiful Chooky! So happy and pleased that you ran the swap again this year...

Pinnylea Creations said...

Thank you Janice and Chooky this is such an enjoyable swap. Your runner is gorgeous and I'm so pleased your angel is still working her magic xx

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

What a beautiful table runner. Hope you've had a lovely Chrissy and New Year xx

Jindi's Cottage said...

Just beautiful...gorgeous stitching...enjoy...

Susie said...

This is a gorgeous table runner. I completed it in August and would like to another.