Thursday 4 December 2014

a sad day..............

I'm feeling like a yo-yo at the moment.............my mood is so up and down it isn't funny........
my mood is definitely down today and the stress levels up.............
the government powers to be say farmers should pay attention to weather forecast and make plans accordingly but when they stuff it up all the time how should we be expected to make plans on anything they say in the weather sections..................
they say El nino is developing which should mean we get no rain and we get some rain......then they say there is no chance of it forming and we should get normal rain and we get nothing..........
other times they put rain amounts on forecast and the forecast change so much before the rain actually get here..........up down up down.............and low and behold if they have something forecast and then start to refer to it as the "big NSW wet/soak"well then we are well and truly stuffed and meant to get nothing or not much.........you get your hopes up only to be shattered once again............
%%%%%
we've got a bit in storms this week but not enough to make a difference and with the end of the year approaching cattle sales and buyers shut down for a period...........
anyway todays the day.............I did mention selling them here but today was the day.............mustered........
onto a truck they go......my black steers (boys) .............all the poddies too..............
still hanging onto the heifers (girls) at this point..........very sad.........
let alone the financial loss you have...............
Wow they sure have grown since this photo earlier in the year..............
Big Red was the first onto the truck........
&&&
even more depressing is driving thru pelting rain today only have 1ml at home............
Don't get me wrong I am pleased someone is getting something but far out it's my turn..........
I want good falls with follow up.......living on a knifes edge is not fun.........
;(
Chookyblue

35 comments:

Salley said...

Havent any idea about what to say Chooky. Nothing we city slickers can say or do will make it any better for you. Fingers crossed for a deluge.

Susan said...

It's got to be your turn soon. Hang in there Chooky. X

Pinnylea Creations said...

I wish I could make it rain for you Chooky....... xx

Anonymous said...

take care my friend,sending big hugs and prayers.xx

Melody said...

so sorry, it must be very hard. how is your sister going?

Bizzy Martine said...

I hope it will be quick your turn!!!
Hugs, Martine

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Doing one of those hugs for you...lots of storms here xx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

It must be hard. hopefully it is your turn soon. Hang in there.

Fiona said...

Know you're in our thoughts Chooky.
I get very cranky with media coverage of weather forecasts. I believe we're best not hearing the doom and gloom. We can look out the window and get a fair idea of what's coming. Unfortunately planning is little use in these current environmental conditions. Nobody wants to plan that we'll be out of water in a month, yet we'll deal with it if that's what happens. Here's hoping for a wet Christmas.

Little Chicken said...

Love, love, love you xxxx

Keep your chin up! Try to keep up your positivity ... it does help. xxxxx

Cath said...

Chooky......I feel your sadness, dear girl. I really hope your turn comes soon. The weather is crazy everywhere. Keep on smiling sweetie, I will keep you in my thoughts. Cxxx

Lurline said...

Still think of you often - hope all the very best comes soon, Sweet xx

Brenda said...

My heart is breaking for you and all the other poor souls.

sunny said...

I can't imagine being a farmer, and always living on the edge. Mother Nature can be so cruel and unpredictable. I think the government needs to realize that without farmers, no one eats!!!!!!! Hugs.

KimM said...

We live on a small farm and understand what you're going through. Take care - hopefully things will turn for the best soon.
xxx

Anthea said...

I can only echo the words of the other ladies Chooky - life on the land must be a challenge every day - now I'm off to enrol in Rain Dance lessons; even if my efforts don't bring rain at least the sight of me trying to dance would definitely induce a giggle!
xo

gracie said...

we all wish we could say something to make your day better...can't really. I will say that I am thinking about you and send you hugs.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Chooky,
everything has failed so far, deep thoughts, deep feelings, deep prayers and wishes for rain.
I will keep concentrating really hard on rainfall, this is so sad, I don't know what else to do. Keep your head up, even if the neck is too short. Hope there is anything, that will cheer you up a little.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Jane in Cumbria said...

Whatever weird things the weather does, it always seems to be hardest on farmers. It must be terrible to be without the rain you need. I wish I could send you some of ours! Prayers and hugs from Wales.

Sherry said...

I don't know how anyone in government can expect farmers to plan. . . Mother Nature works on her own schedule and there are never guarantees.

My heart goes out to you and all the other farmers.

Jan said...

It's such a hard life for you and your family and everyone on the land. I'm crossing my fingers for better times ahead, Chooky. xx

Janice said...

My heart goes out to you. I wonder when the powers that be start to realise that the rural sector is VERY important to the nation and plan accordingly? Here's hoping you can hang onto the heifers.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Its so hard.. but..Don't let the turkeys get you down!
You have a lot to be thankful for too.. lots of lovely bloggy friends who love you!! Xx

Fiona said...

thinking of you....xx
Hugz

Wendy said...

Praying you get the rain that you need Chooky...I know how stressful living on a knifes edge can be. Come on rain, pour down and saturate the dry land that is waiting...

Susie said...

Thinking of you. I just can't truly imagine what it must be like.

Wendyb said...

farming is certainly an under-appreciated and misunderstood life....especially by the powers that be! Living rurally and having been on the farm I can understand....not alot we can do but pray and let you know we're all here hoping wishing and praying those clouds will open up just enough to make it worthwhile....not too much, just enough! xoxoxoxo big hugs :o)

kiwikid said...

Oh boy Chooky, I do not know what to say! I hope some rain comes to you before too long....the powers that be have no idea of what you guys go through and need to pull their heads in! Thinking of you!
xx

Maria said...

Sending lots of Hugz.....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wish I could send you what you need. Sending hugs and hope for that elusive wet stuff xxx

DAWNIE said...

Gee you really have had a terrible year chooky. I do hope 2015 will turn around for you. Thankfully you have some wonderful blogging girls help distract from the everyday stressful time you have had .

Jenny said...

May be don't look at the weather Chookster. I am so sorry you've had to sell so soon. Hope you get to keep the girls. Hugs and Hugs

Grethe said...

What a struggle you are heving this time too. All the best, dear Donna , I pray for the best for the cattle as well!

CountryMum said...

Ohh Chooky. I am very sad for you. Sending love and prayers your way.

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Sending you a lasso to bring the rain to you :( xxx