Tuesday 12 August 2014

Chookypink??????

Doesn't have quiet the same ring to it as Chookyblue.......lol....
I love going to Cottage on the Hill at Nundle................this is my 11th retreat weekend........It's always a wonderful relaxing weekend.............Kerry cuts all your fabric.......you can just switch off and she keeps you on track with what ever quilt your making...............
This year was a little different...............wandering around the shop I couldn't decide what fabrics or quilt to make..............I had spoken to Kerry about the desire to make a diamond quilt.......
I was at a loss of what to do until I spotted a pile of fabrics to the side.........I asked what she was doing with those (to see if I had missed where they were on the shelf).........well there not on the shelf as they are new range coming out later this month or early September.........a new range called Raspberry Parlour by Sue Daley an Australian designer........distributed by Riley Blake (added: found this link too the pics a better) 
the pics on the website don't do it justice I had to look close to see it was the same thing...........anyway back to the fabrics.....(I was in love).........Kerry still had not decided what she wanted to make up as a shop sample with the range..........she had 20 fabrics to play with.......was I allowed to play with them????......with my diamond idea????......a bit of working out more on Kerry's behalf then mine........I knew what I wanted but remember my brain is worn and not working at this stage.......but some working out and yes we could get so many out of the fabric.............yes it would work............YES she was letting me play with these new fabrics..............I was SOOOOOOOO excited...............
This is my pile of fabrics to start placing and sewing with on Saturday morning.........only a rough idea how far down and across we needed to go.........
so a pink quilt it is..........just the nicest pinks this fabric is going to go well for the shops who stock it.......
and I was working on a pink table too..........
Look who's in the road just when I wanted to take a pic............LOL
I was struggling by the end laying it out.....space wise........I was taking up Sandy's quilt space...........lol........I should have taken it back to the cabins on Saturday night and put it on the floor.............BUT we are making the most of the great prints in the new fabrics........
At the end of the day when I finished up most of the rows ready & some were joined and I folded it all up...
Kerry is keeping it and she will join the remainder of the rows and Betty will quilt it.............it will be available as a kit in the shop as soon as the range arrives.....which is late August/early September.....
My quilt will be hanging in the shop for sometime now..........i'll probably pick it up at GDITC next year......
it's going to end up being about 80 X 80 inches so a great size.......and not an expensive kit either.........
If you would like a kit or like to inquire about a kit email Kerry as she is off to America at the end of the week.........and I am sure she will contact you as soon as she gets back.......
Better think of a name for my quilt..........I usually have this worked out by the time I am finished...........
how do you pick a name............sometimes it's come out of a combination of things like the fabric ranges  name (if I use a range), the colours or the pattern, maybe it reminds me of something....where I made it........who I was with etc sometimes even a twist on the original name but since this is an original quilt I better think about this quick.............see if Kerry has any ideas..............
maybe  "Pink Diamonds"........or  "Champagne and Diamonds"
"Pink Champagne"
Catch you later
Chookyblue

28 comments:

Susan said...

I am not a pink girl at all, but this range does look scrumptious. The diamond design is just right. How about Pink Champagne?

jfoster8 said...

Love the pink....yes, Pink Champagne is a good name.

Anonymous said...

iced vo vo's come to mind or didn't there used to be wafer biscuits in diamond shapes...why am I thinking of food? lol

Pinnylea Creations said...

Wow Chooky that looks amazing. I've never sewn diamonds .... definitely something to think about. "Pink Paragons"??

Anonymous said...

Oh chookypink I love these fabrics,you are right which ever stores stock these they are going to go quick,such a beautiful range and in the diamonds they look awesome,what a wonderful range to play with,hope you have a lovely evening chooky.xx

carina said...

How nice your quilt! I love the colors you used! A big hello from holland how nice you visit my blog

Thimbleanna said...

It needs to have Chook in the name -- it's beautiful! I'll bet she was delighted that you came along and came up with a plan -- how pretty!!!

Susan said...

Chooky's Diamonds?
Nundle Diamonds?
Chooky in Pink?

A great way to start & end a quilt.

Lynn said...

It seems like the perfect fabric for diamonds. What about Country Diamonds?

gracie said...

Looks wonderful....like pink candy!

Maria said...

Champagne Diamonds......very pretty.

Raewyn said...

I can see why you were smitten - gorgeous fabrics and love what you did with them. Sounds like a great retreat!

Josie said...

Ooooo.. those fabrics are so pretty. Lucky you getting to play with them before anyone else. Love the diamonds... :o)

Jenny said...

It looks pretty good... "Pretty in Pink" .
Looks like the rains are coming..hope you get some.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Awesome photos .....what about
"Pink Chooky amongst the Diamonds"

Sue SA said...

I think pink suits you...well in a quilt anyway! Has your daughter laid claim to this quilt yet?
Glad you had a relaxing weekend away to tune out from the demands of life.

Fiona said...

It's so great when you see some fabric and instantly fall in love
Hugz

Sylvia said...

Looks great Chooky. I love the pinks and the diamonds.

Julia said...

It's gorgeous Chooky.
Pretty fabrics, and what girls doesn't love diamonds.
Pink Diamonds, are Aussie Argyle diamonds, so precious as your quilt will be.

Julia

Michelle Ridgway said...

Just gorgeous...love the raspberry colours through the range. Pink Champagne sounds great!

Susie said...

Just adore those diamonds and fabric! Perfect oombination.

Beeshebags said...

Raspberry (from the name of the fabric range) Beret....yes yes, I know it looks nothing like hats, but diamonds are kind of like squares on their sides and berets' are worn lopsided lol

Ok, slow down on the caffeine Naomi!

Good luck and it looks great....you're right though, Chooky Pink doesn't have quite the same ring to it as Chooky Blue

Hugs
Naomi

Lyn said...

Love the fabric you are using and how effective in the diamonds

Janice said...

You've certainly opened a can of worms over the name for your quilt. Great to see so many suggestions. It is a win-win with you getting a lovely quilt, Kerry getting design inspiration and having a shop sample without having to do all the stitching.I can't wait to see it finished.

Anita said...

Love it!

Anthea said...

HI Chooky... well for someone who had a frazzled brain, your sewing is just stunning & that quilt is going to be a masterpiece... well done!
I love either of those names for it.
The fabrics are so pretty & that's such a perfect quilt to show it off!

Show and Tell said...

What about "Pink Champagne and Diamonds" Every girls 2 best friends....It looks lovely.....Well Done xx

FloS said...

This quilt is gorgeous !! And why don't you simply name it Chookypink ?? that sounds great !!!
Florence, a pink addict !